Definition: Considers and responds appropriately to the
needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people in different
situations. Is tactful, compassionate and sensitive and treats others
Ideas for Developing this Competency:
- Mentor an employee.
- Practice random acts of kindness.
- Serve as a team leader or chair a study group.
- Serve as a keyworker for CFC or a charitable
organization in your community.
- Become an active member of a professional
- Keep a journal to record your attitudes and
behavior demonstrated toward key people in your work and home
life. Identify opportunities to heal rifts. Track your
- Ask for feedback from colleagues and supervisors
for ideas on how they improve their interpersonal communication.
- Target areas for improvement; keep track of what
you are doing to achieve your goals.
- Interview counselors who help people improve
their interpersonal skills.
- Read magazine articles that provide tips on
improving your skills.
- Volunteer to be a hospice care giver.
- Become an EEO counselor or an alternative
dispute resolution mediator.