Definition: Develops new
insights into situations and applies innovative solutions to make
organizational improvements; creates a work environment that encourages
creative thinking and innovation. Designs and implements new or
cutting-edge programs and processes.
Ideas for Developing this Competency:
- Go to the library or an art museum for inspiration.
- Harness the collective talents of your group by holding think-tank or brainstorming
sessions with your colleagues/team.
- Look for more than one great solution for any problem.
- Improve a process or procedure that is inefficient or out of date.
- Start a new service.
- Buy a box of toys for energizers at
- Start a brainstorming session with
your most ridiculous ideas.
- Come dressed for Halloween any day of
- Use energizers to start meetings.
- Read Games Trainers Play and
More Games for Trainers by Edward E. Scannell on ideas for
- Start a new hobby like art,
photography, or other fine arts.
- Teach small children a craft.