Assures that effective controls are developed and maintained to ensure the
integrity of the organization. Holds self and others accountable for rules and responsibilities.
Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in
a timely manner and within budget. Monitors and evaluates plans, focuses on results and
measures attainment of outcomes.
Ideas for Developing this Competency:
- Start and maintain a log to determine
how you are spending your time; evaluate how well you are
meeting your deadlines and achieving your objectives.
- Develop goals for your office and establish objective measurements for success.
- Use a software package to help track progress in implementing a plan or project.
- Arrange a detail to the Office of the Inspector General.
- Establish a schedule and conduct customer surveys to solicit feedback on performance
and opportunities for improved service delivery. (Complaints provide a good measure of performance.)
- Develop and maintain a tracking system
for your team's budget and due dates.
- Volunteer to help a team conduct a
workload analysis for another office.
- Volunteer to serve on a general
management evaluation (GME) team.