Identifies and analyzes problems.
Distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information to make logical decisions.
Provides solutions to individual and organizational problems.
Ideas for Developing this Competency:
- Seek out complex tasks or projects.
- Interview someone from the Incident Command System Team to learn about that
- Lead or organize discussions of complex technical issues
- Always consider ideas and opinions of others. Two minds work better than one.
- Volunteer to help others resolve problems.
- Serve as a mentor.
- Study various problem solving models and try implementing them.
- Volunteer to serve on a task force or employee committee.
- Work on puzzles (crossword, brain
- Volunteer to be an EEO counselor or
Alternative Dispute Resolution mediator.