| air force
| marine corps
| coast guard
See also Leadership Competency Models of the services
- Joint ___[return to top]
- Air Force ___[return to top]
- Air Force Doctrine Document 1-1, Leadership and Force Development
- Air Force Leadership Development Model (local copy), working paper from AFSLMO
- The Sources of Leadership Doctrine in the Air Force, by Brown,
in the Winter 2002 edition of Air and Space Power Journal, focused on leadership
- AF Policy Directive 36-34 "Mentoring is a fundamental responsibility of all Air Force supervisors. They must know their people, accept personal responsibility for them, and be accountable for their professional development."
- AF Instruction 36-3401 "This instruction implements Air Force Policy Directive (AFPD) 36-34, Air Force Mentoring Program. It provides guidance on how to carry out Air Force Mentoring, which was established to bring about a cultural change in the way we view professional development."
- AFP 35-49, Air Force Leadership, 1 Sep 1985, signed by General Charles A. Gabriel
- (local copy) 408K PDF file, with cover as page 1
- (local copy) 156K PDF file, minus the cover
- This pamphlet provides a guide for new and aspiring Air Force leaders. It also presents a useful review for those already in leadership positions. A practical knowledge of leadership fundamentals is absolutely essential for effective leadership. The pamphlet discusses the Air Force leadership concept, basic traits, and principles. Second, it presents a situational approach to leadership challenges, with comments on key elements of any leadership problem: mission, people, leaders, and environment. The final portion of the pamphlet addresses leadership preparation actions.
- Army ___[return to top]
- Army Reg 600-100, Army Leadership
- ADP 6-22 Army Leadership, Army Doctrine Publication 6-22
- Center for Army Leadership (CAL)
- Field Manual 22-100, Army Leadership: Be, Know, Do -- every aspect, with examples [obsolete - replaced by FM 6-22, in turn replaced by ADP 6-22]
- Chapter 7 - Strategic Leadership
- The 1999 version of FM 22-100 consolidated and superceded doctrine found in four field manuals and one pamphlet: the 1990 version of FM 22-100, Military Leadership; FM 22-101, Leadership Counseling; FM 22-102, Soldier Team Development; FM 22-103, Leadership and Command at Senior Levels; and DA Pam 600-80, Executive Leadership.
- Learning Organization Doctrine - Roadmap for Transformation (local copy), U.S. Army Corps of Engineers - discusses use of tools, such as 7S model, to become a "learning organization"
- Command, Leadership, and Effective Staff Support (local copy), U.S. Army
- Development of Strategic-Level Leaders (local copy), ICAF research paper -- traces history of concept of Army leadership doctrine, from WW II to 1990's, with references to the doctrine and reference publications along the way
- US Army Decisionmaking: Past, Present and Future (local copy), in Military Review, traces history of the military decision making process (MDMP), including doctrinal pubs
- Navy ___[return to top]
- Marine Corps ___[return to top]
- Coast Guard ___[return to top]
[return to top]